Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
A little cold, a little chilly, smelling of steer and a pile of cowboys hanging out in the front of the National Western Stock Show.

I am thinking...
Wishing I had another day off until school starts. I have a basic idea of what I need to do to get ready for school but am not looking forward to the chaotic schedule of the next two weeks.

I am thankful...
For the friends I am with today that have an immense vision for the future of what is right with kids and the Colorado Youth Summit, and I am so happy to be able to visit a historic location to understand what the National Western is about on a whole different level.

In the kitchen...

Cracked out a quick batch of bruschetta to take to the Page family for an impromptu dinner before Mike leaves for Alaska once again. I really don't get tired of it although I think it needs balsamic and Kirk thinks it needs olive oil only. That will be an unending battle.

I am wearing...
Western jeans and my favorite western belt from Texas in honor of the National Western. Trying to figure out if I could get away with it again-- probably not since I have parent information night. UGH. oh well -- I will wear it again this week to keep the spirit of western Colorado around.

I am creating...
Trying to figure out the next blog entry for the geeky teachers blog and monitoring homework completion by Drew who would rather whack out his homework in pen in a rush than take time with it.

I am reading...
I am actually dying to read the latest travel magazine on the side table and dream of a free summer where I can actually go where I want to go with the kids. I should be reading another legislative brief, a book I have a conference call about tomorrow, and the calendar to see what is up with this week but I can't bear to look at the schedule.

I am looking forward to...


Spa night at the Four Seasons with Kirk next week-- I wish we could stay overnight but no such luck. We really need some connect time ALONE with no arguing kids.

Around the house...
I am really having issues with the fact these guys of mine don't care about leaving everything around. What a pain to constantly clean!

A favorite quote for today...

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.- MLK
One of my favorite things...
White chocolate oreo cookies and creme chocolates-- I could do with one of those right now!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment