Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...

It is dark again. Seems like the most I get to write lately is at night. I struggle with this but it seems like my days start and then I run and run and run.Today it was breezy and cool and snow is coming in tomorrow. I would love it if we would have one snow day where we were buried!

I am thinking...
That as much as I am cutting things off my plate- this time of year the list goes longer and longer.

I am thankful...
That Alex placed 7th in Spelling Bee! He worked so hard and I am pleased that he has had the chance to compete. I am proud of him! I am excited that he and Connor will be allowed to participate in the Youth Summit on the hill next week.

In the kitchen...
I just got done with the dishes. I cannot stand leftover food and it grosses me out to have it soggy in the sink. The boys did not clean up-- and I wish they would do that. There are crumbs under the microwave and on the counter. Mail everywhere and the place is a general wreck which is driving me NUTS! This is when my OCD side comes out and when they are in chaos I feel like I am too.

I am wearing...
A blue shirt I hate but it was the only one that matched my outfit today, jeans, and a worn pair of flats. I am glad to be in jeans today. Fours days of suits this week is hard.

I am going...
To the Mason's tomorrow to talk about education. I am so thankful to them and want to show my appreciation. The dinner is out at Stapleton so I am hoping sincerely that they will not have snow. I will stop and see Vicki on my way home.

I am wondering...
What Bridgid is chewing on again, and HOW I am going to teach tomorrow. I really really am tired this week.

I am reading...
A couple of magazines because my brain is on such overload that I can't manage to read anything of any substance.

I am learning
About Museum Box-- a great app that Laura showed me. It is seriously cool and I want to use it.

A favorite quote for today...
If Obama really supported education he would come right out and tell us-- actions speak louder than words Mr. President.

One of my favorite things...
My comforter on the bed. It is cozy and I love it-- dog dirt and all thanks to Kolby. His little nose is ready to poke me in the neck and ask for more attention. As much as he drives me nuts-- I love his sense of fun and his cuddle factor.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Bloody meetings and then more bloody meetings. I am so over them right now but have to keep up! It seems like every year at this time Kirk has to pick up slack which bites. These are the worst three weeks of my year each year-- Librarian Days, Youth Summit, etc. UGH.Good stuff-- all timed at the same time. And then there is this freeking furlough day that I have to work and get docked pay for. yuck.

A peek into my day...
Technology chaos with the drops being down, switching out two boxes, and just not getting any teaching done the way I liked it. A teacher's worse nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment