Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
I am starting this after school so it is sunny and 60ish which is a true first this week. As in typical shape it is supposed to snow on Thursday -- of course the day that I need to haul kids around Denver to lobby a bill in the House and Senate. When I finish this it will be dark and dank. This time of year is hard for me to deal with as the days are short.

I am thinking...
If I get through this week I will be ok-- but I have a multitude of meetings, and a pile of things to do and a house to clean before we have guests. I wish I had a guest room so I could keep One room in perfect shape for visitors.I am freaking about a presentation I have to give on Friday morning. It will go well or it will flop horribly. What was I thinking when I designed it?

I am thankful...
That for the first time all three of my boys will be with me working on behalf of the Youth Summit this week and that I can have some mom time with them amidst the chaos.

In the kitchen...
More dishes a pile of mail on the counter a box from my mom, milk containers on the floor next to the counter instead of in the trash can and oh yea a pot of water that I was going to boil for dinner. Plan change-- not.

I am wearing...
Jeans for the last time until Sunday, danskos with worn toes, and brown which makes me look a little less gey according to Drew. Thanks for that input!

I am going...
To schoo early tomorrow and then to recieve an award that is not mine but more for others and I am SO pleased about this recognition for the kids. Then it is off to some hard hard work on several projects for Friday and Thursday for that matter.

I am wondering...
How the heck Connor can disengage so fast when he has so much to do. Sometimes I wonder how to make the kids focus on their work. UGH. Also wondering what I am going to do with the apathy in a team of leaders I am associated with.

I am reading...

Legislative updates for the hill and the summit facebook page to keep track of when and where kids will be tomorrow night.

A favorite quote for today...

"Those who can, teach. Those who can't, pass laws about teaching."
No kidding.
One of my favorite things...
Well currently I have been clouded according to Jenn I am going to die from Mountain Dew! :O) That was a nice conversation in class today. At this point-- well who cares! Otherwise three dogs on my feet with one wet nose poking my elbow. That I can handle at the end of the day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Youth summit awards, planning meeting, Teacher Librarian Days, New Millennium thingy,  library stuffing, mammoth game, nephews birthday, mom coming in, and bloody clean house!

A peek into my day...
Good teaching in the use of flips in the classroom and artifacts in Asia studies and fun homeroom. Exec meeting that was a bit hairy, and a forecast that looks both positive and somewhat cloudy for education in some contexts. I think we have some exciting things coming in Adams 12 but some not so nice things floating around in perceptions that need to be squelched.

No comments:

Post a Comment